Hello Parents / Guardians,
BlueFit Kids is closely monitoring and implementing guidance provided by the Department of Education as relates to Corona Virus (COVID-19) while also engaging with and aligning with policies introduced by our partner schools.During this time we remind families, children and staff that they can protect against infection by practicing increased hygiene standards with specific respect to hand and respiratory hygiene. As per below we encourage all to adopt and implement the below.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) can cause illnesses similar to the common cold, but it can also cause more serious respiratory diseases. Most people displaying symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness or shortness of breath are likely suffering with a cold or other respiratory illness—not coronavirus. However, the threats posed by the virus mean serious steps must be taken to stop the spread of the disease.
As outlined in our Infectious Disease and Health, Hygiene and Safe Food Policies, BlueFit Kids our Nominated Supervisors, educators and staff implement strict hygiene and infection control procedures at all times to prevent or minimise the spread of contagious illnesses. Hygiene measures and exclusion principles outlined in these policies continue to apply, and will be informed by current guidance on coronavirus issued by relevant Commonwealth and State/Territory Governments including:
- Federal Department of Health coronavirus health alerts which are updated daily
- State/Territory Education Departments which may issue coronavirus updates directly to service providers. Latest updates and resources can also be reviewed online
- Federal Department of Education, Skills and Employment. Subscribe to email updates
- Federal Department of Health coronavirus Information Sheets which include:
- ‘Information for schools and early childhood centres, students and their parents’ which covers when children and staff cannot attend, what home isolation means, what happens if children and staff become sick while in isolation, and how to help prevent spread of Coronavirus (available in Chinese and Farsi)
- ‘Isolation guidance’
- ‘Home isolation guidance when unwell (suspected or confirmed cases)’
- ‘Coronavirus what you need to know’
- ‘Information on the use of surgical masks‘
- ‘Information for travelers arriving from mainland China, Iran, Republic of Korea and Italy’ (note this title may change if more countries are added)
- ‘Information for employers’ which covers when staff cannot go to work, what to tell staff, cleaning precautions and how to help prevent spread of Coronavirus.
If in doubt about current coronavirus guidance, the Approved Provider or Nominated Supervisor will contact the Federal coronavirus hotline on 1800 020 080 or their State/Territory Health Department.
What must employees and families do?
Comply with government guidance.BlueFit Kids, employees and families must:
- Comply with guidance issued by Government agencies, including in relation to attendance, quarantine and self-isolation. This includes:
- ensuring they/a child/a family member comply with isolation requirements and stay home, for 14 days where required, if at risk of infection from coronavirus eg they’ve recently traveled through China, Iran or Korea, or been in close contact with someone who has the virus
- ensuring they/a child/a family member stays at home if unwell
- Seek medical attention if they develop a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath within 14 days of travel to an affected area. Call ahead before visiting the doctor/hospital to advise them of your symptoms, and wear a surgical mask when visiting the medical facility
- Advise the service if they develop symptoms of the virus or are confirmed to have the virus while in isolation. This is particularly important if they have been at the service before isolation
- Provide written clearance from a doctor after a period of isolation or quarantine confirming they/child/family members are not contagious and may return to the service.